IT’S TIME FOR A WARDROBE EDIT
How often have you had this conversation:
Your significant other: “I have nothing to wear”
You: “you look great in everything”
Your thought …what??? you have a closet packed with clothes!
Maybe it’s time to hire a personal stylist for your loved one (or gift one to yourself!). An in-home stylist will help determine things like which colors are best for their complexion, how to use what is already in their closet and what items are missing – or which pieces need to go! A wardrobe edit is a great gift!
So what does this gift really entail? You find a local personal stylist (use google: i.e. “Orlando wardrobe edit” or “St. Louis Personal Stylist”) and purchase a gift certificate. You’re done. Simple.
What do they get? A complete wardrobe edit, a vast knowledge of what works for them and what doesn’t, an easy way to save time and money. Knowing what works and what doesn’t helps eliminate bad purchases in the future and saves a time on time when deciding on what to buy or wear.
Most wardrobe edits include:
- A personal style profile
- Help determining personal style goals
- Information about body type
- A color analysis to determine which colors are best for skin tones
- A closet review to show the best clothing styles and fashions to suit both lifestyle and body type
- Information on how to maximize an existing wardrobe
- Complete outfits curated by the stylist from the existing wardrobe
- Recommendations on which items to part with
- A shopping list of pieces to complete a wardrobe, including staples
A personal stylist isn’t just for rich people. Think about how much time and money you spend on clothes. Even if you’re like me and don’t spend a ton on clothes (compared to the average person) it is still A LOT of TIME and MONEY. So having a professional who knows what looks best and can explain how to put what is already owned together better is the perfect gift for nearly anyone.
I think is especially a great gift for someone who has:
- Expressed uncertainty about how to dress appropriately for his or her body shape or age
- Lost a significant amount of weight
- Had a major life change (i.e. new baby, new job, divorce, retirement, dating, moved to a new region)
- Needs to de-clutter the closet to make sense of everything
- Needs help styling head-to-toe outfits in order to simplify the morning routine
- Dislikes shopping (this is me!) or doesn’t have time (this is everyone!)
- Makes the “wrong” clothing purchases time and time again
Can’t find a personal stylist in the area you need? There are of course online options. Just google Virtual Wardrobe Edit and you can find numerous online options.
This really is the gift that keeps on giving! 🙂
Have you used a personal stylist? If so, tell us about it in the comment section.
Psalm 136:26 Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.